Apple vs Samsung: who does more (if anything) to help the environment?

how-to-eat-apple.jpg

In the past, major software manufacturers had not been particularly known for their environmentally friendly track records. Firms such as Apple and Samsung have drawn attention from the public due to their sheer size, the availability of their phones through portals such as Broadband Choices and the probability that nearly everyone has used one or […]

Read more

W.A.T.E.R. – What Are The Energy Reasons?

water-seer.png

Everyone knows that water is Earth’s greatest natural resource. We literally could not live without it. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, water covers about 71 percent of the earth’s surface, with our oceans holding about 96.5 percent of it. The other 3.5 percent of surface water is the fresh water in rivers, streams, lakes, […]

Read more

5 ways restaurants can go green

byblos-tourism-fenigia-lebanese-restaurant.jpg.jpg

The restaurant business is loaded with opportunities for cooperating with Mother Nature and with the goals of a modern, green society. From training a staff to choosing a menu, in style and substance, globally conscious restaurant owners can find ways to help them sleep well at night. 1.Cleanliness Keeping a restaurant going requires a dedication […]

Read more

5 benefits of greening your business

s1.reutersmedia.net_.jpg

Going green is the latest business tends that paving the way for a corporate and social change. A green workplace and green business operations have numerous benefits for business owners. Using green strategies in your business can improve efficiencies, save you money, reduce waste and build your public image. Both large corporates and small businesses […]

Read more

IKEA catches on to insect protein for food

spark.jpg

Flying Spark, a new insect-protein producer, will join the first “IKEA Bootcamp” startup accelerator. The launch of this unique boot camp generated more than 1,200 applications from 86 different countries, but just 10 start-ups will join the IKEA product development center in Sweden next week. Flying Spark is a new food-tech company focused on all-natural protein extracted […]

Read more

Fermenting fish to reduce cholesterol

china-water-fishing-bamboo.jpg

Fermenting is all the rage, from lemons, to bread to pickles. It’s good for gut health, the immune system and your soul. A new study from Asia finds that compounds in a fermented fish paste used as a condiment in Indonesia efficiently inhibit an enzyme involved in cholesterol synthesis, which can help reduce bad cholesterol. […]

Read more

How to Make a Green/Eco-Friendly Garage

garage-repair-old-car.jpg

Most people in the Middle East do not own a garage. It’s an American or Canadian thing. And over there the garage has historically been the most under appreciated room in the home. But after a revival kick-started by makeover shows and an increased value placed upon them by prospective buyers, garages are now a […]

Read more

How to get pregnant naturally

Bumble-Bee-Baby-SHoes.jpg

A handsome couple built a life together. The mortgage loan was approved for the beautiful four-bedroom home sitting across from a small park abutted by a pond. Together, the couple spend time decorating the house and yard. Initially, after moving into the place, the plan was to have children within the year, as the baby’s […]

Read more

Know thy eco efficient kitchen stove

coal-heating-stove.jpg

Appliances Connection is a renowned online retailer of all major appliance and furniture brands. We feature appliances in every category–including, but not limited to, ranges, wall ovens, washers and dryers, refrigerators, and air conditioners. Additionally, Appliances Connection has become your go-to destination for furniture and all things home décor. Our low prices are unparalleled and we offer installation services as well as free […]

Read more

How to make a healthcare organization more environmentally friendly

Woman-in-Middle-Eastern-hospital.jpg

Do you want to do your bit for the environment by making your healthcare organization more environmentally friendly? Hospitals, dental practices, healthcare businesses, and a wide range of other healthcare-related organizations have been guilty of wasting huge amounts of natural resources over the years, but this is a trend that is starting to change. Below […]

Read more